Overview of HNMS Modular Development Course
This course module can only be accessed by people who have undertaken the Core Module/2 Day Induction within the past 2 years, or who have attended regular refresher courses should they have undertaken the Core Module/2 Day Induction course greater than 2 years ago.
This module is intended for people who wish to develop their skills and/or who have a significant amount of people handling involving: working on beds.
- To develop skills and knowledge attributed to safer working with people in and around beds
- To allow participants to analyse their own movements and recognise areas which may require further development
- Participants will be able to demonstrate their ability to assess the risks involved in any of the practised movements
- Participants will be able to demonstrate their competency in carrying out the practised movements
- Participants will be able to analyse their own movement and recognise any risk factors within it
- How musculoskeletal injury occurs
- Analysis of own movement pattern
- High Risk moves
- Use of relevant equipment: e.g. Slide Sheets, Hoists
- Demonstrated and Supervised Practise
- Neuromuscular Conditioning